I understand Rudy deviated from his prepared text, so here's a copy of his speech as delivered. There were SO many great lines, I tried to whittle them down to the very BEST:
Sarracuda Palin's best will be up as soon as I can get to it.
- On the other hand, you have a resume from a gifted man with an Ivy League education. He worked as a community organizer-WHAT?! ...Maybe this is the first problem on the resume....
- And nearly 130 times, he couldn't make a decision. He couldn't figure out whether to vote yes or no. It was too tough!
I didn't know about this vote "present" when I was mayor of New York City. ...Sarah Palin didn't have this vote "present" when she was mayor or governor. You don't get "present" -- it doesn't work in an executive job. For president of the United States, it's not good enough to be present! You have to make a decision!
- They would have you believe that this election is about change versus more of the same. But that's really a false choice, because there's good change and bad change. Because change is not a destination, just as hope is not a strategy.
- Well, I'll tell you, if I were Joe Biden, I'd want to get that VP thing in writing.
- So he changed his position again, and he put out a statement exactly like the statement of John McCain's three days earlier. I have some advice for Senator Obama: Next time, call John McCain.
- In choosing Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate, John McCain has chosen for the future. The other guy looked back, John looked forward.
- She's been a mayor. I love that. I'm sorry -- I'm sorry that Barack Obama feels that her hometown isn't cosmopolitan enough. I'm sorry, Barack -- that it's not flashy enough. Maybe they cling to religion there.